Successful private-equity firms are transaction professionals and active owners. They are prepared to
- explore the markets and the potential of a company fully before making an investment,
- set out ambitious value creation programmes,
- devote a lot of personal attention to a new portfolio company at the beginning.
1 if by land supports investment companies in the investment process.
The success of an investment is determined at the beginning:
- The changeover of control creates opportunity to initiate fundamental changes in the acquired company, though for a limited time only.
- The earlier and faster a company taps into its potentials, the higher the cumulated cash flow.
- A fast approach creates extra capacity for follow-on projects.
Maintaining the focus and the momentum remains a task throughout the investment cycle. High steady performance lives on continual optimisation.
In this respect consultants have plenty of methodologies and expertise to offer. The performance improvement programmes of 1 if by land offer a multitude of optimisation approaches.